- Heiko Salzwedel has played a key role in the success of British Cycling
- Salzwedel was part of Sir Bradley Wiggins’ Gold Medal at the Rio Olympics
- Wiggins was part of the Great British Team Pursuit group that set a world record
- It is thought clashes with certain riders may have led to his departure
- British Cycling have not yet commented on the reasons behind the decision
The man who masterminded the Olympic gold-medal winning ride of Sir Bradley Wiggins and his team pursuit colleagues in Rio last year was sensationally sacked this week and ‘made to feel like a criminal’ as he was escorted from the premises.
Staff and riders were left stunned when Heiko Salzwedel, the German endurance specialist in his third stint at British Cycling,…